Re: [mythsoc] Aragorn and wristbands

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2002
      In a message dated 3/2/2002 11:36:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      verba001@... writes:

      > I was at Marscon this morning on a LotR movie panel, and someone told me
      > the significance of Aragorn putting on the wristbands at the end of the
      > film. Those are Boromir's wristbands he's putting on his wrists, and
      > they have the insignia of the white tree.

      Yep, that's one of the details I picked up on my third viewing! Every time I
      see it I notice something else. I hope it's still playing around here when
      the TTT trailer (the long one) is spliced onto the end of the film, as I'm
      curious to see that.

      I've now embarked on my rereading-JRRT-from-the-beginning project, and am 1/3
      of the way through THE HOBBIT (which I won't be teaching, but I wanted to
      refresh my memory for background). The other day we received the two-disc
      Tolkien Ensemble set from Amazon.com, so I've been listening to that -- some
      if it's very effective, but some of the pieces sound a bit too much alike to
      me. My husband's comment was that it seems a bit too classical to him -- and
      he's a huge classical-music buff -- and that he feels a more folkish flavor
      would suit the material better. We have the other, more folk-y disc David
      recommended on order, as well as the DVD of the Nat'l Geographic special
      about LotR. (And does anyone know anything about this "Music from Middle
      Earth" album, Swedish I think, which is being re-released by Virgin Records?
      Do you recommend it?)

      So I'm taking tiny, baby steps towards being a completist. <g> Although I
      don't have HoME yet.

      Susan

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2002
        If you have a Borders in your area, the album might be on one
        of the
        listener's stations still. I know we had four different
        Tolkien themed
        albums up as well as the soundtrack (which is how I discovered
        the
        Elbereth Orchestra aka David Arkenstone and friends, album. As
        said awhile back, I thinks it's better than the soundtrack)
        They may have been taken down by now. I tend to work more in
        the book end of the business so I haven't checked recently.
        But if
        it and the others are still there, you can sample them.
        Bill