Aragorn and wristbands

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2 10:31 AM
      I was at Marscon this morning on a LotR movie panel, and someone told me
      the significance of Aragorn putting on the wristbands at the end of the
      film. Those are Boromir's wristbands he's putting on his wrists, and
      they have the insignia of the white tree.

      I'll have to notice this the next time I go see it.

      Joan

      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...
    • SusanPal@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 10:47 AM
        In a message dated 3/2/2002 11:36:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        verba001@... writes:

        > I was at Marscon this morning on a LotR movie panel, and someone told me
        > the significance of Aragorn putting on the wristbands at the end of the
        > film. Those are Boromir's wristbands he's putting on his wrists, and
        > they have the insignia of the white tree.

        Yep, that's one of the details I picked up on my third viewing! Every time I
        see it I notice something else. I hope it's still playing around here when
        the TTT trailer (the long one) is spliced onto the end of the film, as I'm
        curious to see that.

        I've now embarked on my rereading-JRRT-from-the-beginning project, and am 1/3
        of the way through THE HOBBIT (which I won't be teaching, but I wanted to
        refresh my memory for background). The other day we received the two-disc
        Tolkien Ensemble set from Amazon.com, so I've been listening to that -- some
        if it's very effective, but some of the pieces sound a bit too much alike to
        me. My husband's comment was that it seems a bit too classical to him -- and
        he's a huge classical-music buff -- and that he feels a more folkish flavor
        would suit the material better. We have the other, more folk-y disc David
        recommended on order, as well as the DVD of the Nat'l Geographic special
        about LotR. (And does anyone know anything about this "Music from Middle
        Earth" album, Swedish I think, which is being re-released by Virgin Records?
        Do you recommend it?)

        So I'm taking tiny, baby steps towards being a completist. <g> Although I
        don't have HoME yet.

        Susan

      • Bill
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2 11:12 AM
          If you have a Borders in your area, the album might be on one
          of the
          listener's stations still. I know we had four different
          Tolkien themed
          albums up as well as the soundtrack (which is how I discovered
          the
          Elbereth Orchestra aka David Arkenstone and friends, album. As
          said awhile back, I thinks it's better than the soundtrack)
          They may have been taken down by now. I tend to work more in
          the book end of the business so I haven't checked recently.
          But if
          it and the others are still there, you can sample them.
          Bill