RE: Re: [mythsoc] Happy Aragorn's birthday

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
      Original Message:
      -----------------
      From: Bill lunacy2@...
      Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 02:34:39 -0500
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Happy Aragorn's birthday

      <<Curse of Chalion was voted #1 on the 2001 Reader's Poll on
      the SF Site.
      http://www.sfsite.com/>>

      Darned good read. Hope it's on the list. ---djb

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
        From: "Bill" <lunacy2@...>

        > Curse of Chalion was voted #1 on the 2001 Reader's Poll on
        > the SF Site.
        > http://www.sfsite.com/

        Curious. I nominated _Curse of Chalion_ for the MFA, but I thought it the
        least of the 5 books which I nominated. Two other books on SF Site's top 10
        list were on my nomination list and I thought them both much better than
        _Curse of Chalion_. These were Tim Powers' _Declare_, which they ranked #7,
        and Neil Gaiman's _American Gods_, which was in their #3 spot. The other
        books on their top 10 I hadn't read, and those books/authors I am aware of
        (read reviews or talked to people who have read them) are not things I would
        think I would enjoy or think highly of.

        Berni
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
          The Gaiman books was the only other one in the
          Top 10 I had read or nominated. I was surprised
          deLint's Onion Girl didn't make the list.

          #3 spot. The other books on their top 10 I hadn't read, and those