Re: [mythsoc] Happy Aragorn's birthday

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2002
      Curse of Chalion was voted #1 on the 2001 Reader's Poll on
      the SF Site.
      http://www.sfsite.com/

    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
        <<Curse of Chalion was voted #1 on the 2001 Reader's Poll on
        the SF Site.
        http://www.sfsite.com/>>

        Darned good read. Hope it's on the list. ---djb

        http://mail2web.com/ .
      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
          From: "Bill" <lunacy2@...>

          > Curse of Chalion was voted #1 on the 2001 Reader's Poll on
          > the SF Site.
          > http://www.sfsite.com/

          Curious. I nominated _Curse of Chalion_ for the MFA, but I thought it the
          least of the 5 books which I nominated. Two other books on SF Site's top 10
          list were on my nomination list and I thought them both much better than
          _Curse of Chalion_. These were Tim Powers' _Declare_, which they ranked #7,
          and Neil Gaiman's _American Gods_, which was in their #3 spot. The other
          books on their top 10 I hadn't read, and those books/authors I am aware of
          (read reviews or talked to people who have read them) are not things I would
          think I would enjoy or think highly of.

          Berni
        • Bill
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
            The Gaiman books was the only other one in the
            Top 10 I had read or nominated. I was surprised
            deLint's Onion Girl didn't make the list.

            #3 spot. The other books on their top 10 I hadn't read, and those