Re: [mythsoc] Happy Aragorn's birthday

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2002
      In a message dated 3/1/02 12:01:47 PM Central Standard Time, d-lena@...
      writes:

      > Since we don't really know which are the nominated books for a time, we
      have
      > to keep looking at everything for the time being.

      Cheez, when do we find out!? Because in 60 days, the May BUTTERBUR'S
      WOODSHED is supposed to have its members discussing them. I thought that in
      past years I always sent out the long list in the March disty, which will be
      out in just a few more days, God willing.

      Diamond Proudbrook
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2002
        Curse of Chalion was voted #1 on the 2001 Reader's Poll on
        the SF Site.
        http://www.sfsite.com/

      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
          <<Curse of Chalion was voted #1 on the 2001 Reader's Poll on
          the SF Site.
          http://www.sfsite.com/>>

          Darned good read. Hope it's on the list. ---djb

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • Berni Phillips
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
            From: "Bill" <lunacy2@...>

            > Curse of Chalion was voted #1 on the 2001 Reader's Poll on
            > the SF Site.
            > http://www.sfsite.com/

            Curious. I nominated _Curse of Chalion_ for the MFA, but I thought it the
            least of the 5 books which I nominated. Two other books on SF Site's top 10
            list were on my nomination list and I thought them both much better than
            _Curse of Chalion_. These were Tim Powers' _Declare_, which they ranked #7,
            and Neil Gaiman's _American Gods_, which was in their #3 spot. The other
            books on their top 10 I hadn't read, and those books/authors I am aware of
            (read reviews or talked to people who have read them) are not things I would
            think I would enjoy or think highly of.

            Berni
          • Bill
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
              The Gaiman books was the only other one in the
              Top 10 I had read or nominated. I was surprised
              deLint's Onion Girl didn't make the list.

              #3 spot. The other books on their top 10 I hadn't read, and those