Re: [mythsoc] Mary Sue Plays D&D, or not

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2002
      Eh, I should know better than to try and play verbal dodgeball with you, Mr.
      Bratman. ;-) You might nod to know that a gaming list is currently debating
      whether it is better to be a closet gamer or openly so; whether it is
      injurious to one's professional career that coworkers know one engages in
      such hobbies. I still think it beats golf.

      <<Yes. It is. And mighty useful data it is, too: woe to any religion which
      doesn't devote heartfelt attention to why its apostates leave. >>

      It often seems to me that they don't chase us much. Refer us to classes and
      other such generic devices (I think shudderingly of the ALPHA phenomenon),
      but engage us with any amount of desire, no. I guess the philosophy is that,
      as adults, we are free to fall into sin and the church has too much to do
      with serving the poor and disenfranchised to worry about those who can pay
      their bills and just suffer from spiritual confusion.

      People can sneer all they want at "dead white males", but I have gained more
      from them than from many living authorities. So sad.

      Lizzie