Re: Harry Potter Slams Narnia

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 1999
      Oddly enough, lots of school children =have= had Narnia read to them, it
      seems. Surely the ACLU will get on this sooner or later!

      As for animal stories, I liked "Misty of Chincoteague" by Marguerite Henry,
      but can't remember the story now, only the lovely illustrations.

      Which reminds me, how can STARDUST by Gaiman be so good if, just a few months
      later, I cannot even remember the hero's name, and have only a vague
      recollection of the plot? It did have a nice Tolkien-ish flavor, but I put
      it only at no. 3 on my ballot.

      And I must say I disliked the steamy "obligatory sex scene," which was not
      necessary. "And there he shut her wild wild eyes/With kisses four" is in my
      opinion what you need, and all that you need, in this kind of story.

      Mary S