The Khazad-Dum Book Toss

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 1999
      We're not the only ones. The following quote is from the Bulwer-Lytton
      contest's marvelous page of commentary on UNintentional bad writing.

      http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/sticks.htm

      <<"Lionel Twain, eighteenth richest man in the world--no, sorry, seventeenth:
      reports have just come in of the unfortunate decease of the current No. 17,
      who had triplet heirs--the seventeenth richest man in the world, flung the
      book he had just finished all the way from one end of his library to the
      other."

      <<Which is what I felt like doing to Murder By Death. If there is one thing
      Strunk, White, and I agree on, it's keeping to a single tense unless there's
      a damn reason not to.>>

      Mary S