Re: [mythsoc] Wizard of Oz, book and film

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2002
      In a message dated 2/23/02 12:27:18 PM Central Standard Time, d-lena@...
      writes:

      > supposedly the favorite of the
      > members of the international Oz club, the one without Dorothy but with the
      > interesting commentary on the American suffragism and Women's
      rights--Baum's
      > mother was a famous suffragette

      You're talking about General Jinjur, aren't you?

      Our church, until the affair got too big to manage, used to put on an Easter
      brunch for the entire membership and guests. One of our ladies is
      dark-haired, dynamic, and perfectly capable of running this affair to
      perfection.

      I went to the trouble of finding Neil's picture of General Jinjur, xeroxing
      it, adding our church roof in the background and giving it to her. I
      thought it looked just like her, myself.

      Diamond Proudbrook