Re: [mythsoc] Trying that forward again!

  • Trudy Shaw
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: SusanPal@...
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 11:09 AM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Trying that forward again!

      >A good friend of mine, the principal of a charter school in Newark, NJ, was
      baffled by an evangelical mother's objection to including _The Lion, the
      Witch, and the Wardrobe_ on the syllabus, on the grounds that it was satanic
      because it included a witch.

      This happened in a small town in western Nebraska a few years back, when the school was going to put on "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" as a play. I remember commenting at that time that: 1) sometimes it's obvious that people haven't read the book they're talking about; and 2) it should have been the *non-Christians* doing the complaining (although, admittedly, there's often a shortage of non-Christians in small ranching communities).
      --Trudy