Re: [mythsoc] Poor old Harry...

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2002
      In a message dated 2/14/2002 8:09:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      dianejoy@... writes:

      > Definitely. I am sure that the gathering darkness will alarm the usual
      > suspects.

      If you're talking about the book-burners -- well, not necessarily. I read a
      story about various conservative Christian groups (and I'm Christian myself,
      so I mean so offense here, although my own flavor is liberal Episcopalian)
      who actually came out in SUPPORT of Lord of the Rings because a) it's about a
      clearly-defined battle between good and evil, b) it's written by an orthodox
      Christian (although Rowling's Church of Scotland herself) and c) Gandalf
      isn't a wizard, he's an archangel. So I wonder if HP might be *more*
      acceptable to that camp when it becomes even more clearly a standoff between
      He Who Must Not Be Named and the forces of light.

      Susan