Re: [mythsoc] Intro

  • Trudy Shaw
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2002
      From: SusanPal@...
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 8:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Intro

      In a message dated 2/12/2002 5:23:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      bernip@... writes:

      >> Welcome! Didn't you write _Flying in Place_?

      >Gracious! You have an excellent memory, since the book's out of print! Yes,
      I wrote that one (and it made a lot of people uncomfortable, so you're not
      alone there).

      >Thanks for the kind words!

      >Susan

      Susan, I apologize for not remembering your name, but I recognized _Flying in Place_ immediately so I'm glad Bernie made the connection! The psychologist I worked for a few years ago (I'm with an oncology department now) used it with some of his patients. He was quite impressed with its insights and how it could provide them within a _story_, which is more accessible for many people than a nonfiction book.
      -- Trudy

    • SusanPal@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2002
        In a message dated 2/14/2002 5:52:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
        tgshaw@... writes:

        > The psychologist I worked for a few years ago (I'm with an oncology
        > department now) used it with some of his patients. He was quite impressed
        > with its insights and how it could provide them within a _story_, which is
        > more accessible for many people than a nonfiction book.

        Oh, COOL! Thanks so much for sharing that! That made my day!

        Susan