Wrinkle in Time Mini-series.

  • hobbitmrw
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2002
      Can anyone tell me when the "Wrinkle in Time" mini-series is supposed
      to air? And on what channel?

      Thanks

      Matthew
    • Ron Bryant
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2002
        On 10:35 PM 2/13/02 +0000, hobbitmrw wrote:

        >Can anyone tell me when the "Wrinkle in Time" mini-series is supposed
        >to air? And on what channel?

        Don't worry ... I don't think we missed it.

        Upon reading your message, I went over to the Web to have a look, and found
        no definite word about a specific airdate. When the show was first
        announced, it was originally scheduled to show on ABC's _Wonderful World of
        Disney_ in January, 2002. One site I found had mention of a postponement
        for the show until new fall season in September.

        There's no sign of the show in the February schedule on ABC's website, nor
        is there anything about it anywhere on the Disney or Miramax Pictures
        websites. The absence of mention in those places usually means that a firm
        airdate hasn't really been set yet. It's also unclear (due to the lack of
        information) whether we're waiting for an executive decision at ABC, or the
        L'Engle project has been delayed simply because it's not finished. On the
        other hand, if it's ready, it's still early enough to consider that, while
        ABC didn't opt for re-scheduling the show as a "sweeps" offering in
        February, there's a chance that it might be shown during the next sweeps
        period coming up in May.

        Until another source of definite information presents itself, I'd say the
        best way to keep abreast of possible airdates is to refer to the _Wonderful
        World of Disney_ entries on ABC's website on a regular basis. If you want
        to be more thorough, check the Disney and Miramax sites just as often.

        Best,

        R.

        "Coffee...the finest organic suspension ever devised!" -- Cap'n Kate Janeway
        E-mail: rbryant42@...
        Page: Y!M ID: rbryant42 *** AIM: rbryant4200a *** ICQ #128520558
        Web: http://www.geocities.com/r_bryant42/ http://www.geocities.com/rbryant42/