Re: [mythsoc] Intro

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2002
      In a message dated 2/12/2002 5:23:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      bernip@... writes:

      > Welcome! Didn't you write _Flying in Place_?

      Gracious! You have an excellent memory, since the book's out of print! Yes,
      I wrote that one (and it made a lot of people uncomfortable, so you're not
      alone there).

      Thanks for the kind words!

      Susan

    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2002
        In a message dated 2/12/02 6:47:12 PM Central Standard Time, SusanPal@...
        writes:

        > I fit in here in a number of ways!

        And you would surely fit in at a Mythcon, and might want to present a paper
        on Tolkien and/or Lewis. Do check out our webpage about the Conferences.

        Welcome!

        Diamond Proudbrook
      • Trudy Shaw
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2002
          bernip@... writes:

          >> Welcome! Didn't you write _Flying in Place_?

          >Gracious! You have an excellent memory, since the book's out of print! Yes,
          I wrote that one (and it made a lot of people uncomfortable, so you're not
          alone there).

          >Thanks for the kind words!

          >Susan

          Susan, I apologize for not remembering your name, but I recognized _Flying in Place_ immediately so I'm glad Bernie made the connection! The psychologist I worked for a few years ago (I'm with an oncology department now) used it with some of his patients. He was quite impressed with its insights and how it could provide them within a _story_, which is more accessible for many people than a nonfiction book.
          -- Trudy

        • SusanPal@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2002
            In a message dated 2/14/2002 5:52:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
            tgshaw@... writes:

            > The psychologist I worked for a few years ago (I'm with an oncology
            > department now) used it with some of his patients. He was quite impressed
            > with its insights and how it could provide them within a _story_, which is
            > more accessible for many people than a nonfiction book.

            Oh, COOL! Thanks so much for sharing that! That made my day!

            Susan