DeLint

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 1999
      Why, yes. DeLint has been guest of honor at our conference, Mythcon, and much
      discussed in the various discussion groups. Several of his books have been
      nominated (and I think became finalists) for our annual Fantasy Award, and he
      has participated in our fiction 'zine, Mythic Circle, both (I believe I recall)
      sending us an original story or poem, and commenting on other stories in letters
      of comment. Re: DeLint--the person, apart from the writer--yes, he seems
      extremely nice, and was very pleasant and approachable at Mythcon, where he
      presented a folk music concert in place of the traditional speech (or am I
      misremembering?).

      Responding to the message of <9c3ca558.368d1a49@...>
      from mythsoc@onelist.com:

      > From: AIlIorian@...
      >
      > Hi I just joined yesterday.............I noticed someone asked about an
      > author
      > that blends reality with SF, Have you ever hear of Charles DeLint? He is an
      > excellent writer, and many of his stories are about the little things that
      > cannot be explained in everyday life, and sometimes ends up in other
      > realties..........Just take a peak at any of his book covers. He is
      > definitely worth picking up...My Fav. is Memory & Dream.............AIlIorian

      > .

      David Lenander, Library Manager I
      Bio-Medical Library Access Services work: (612)626-3375
      Circulation, Core Collections & Reserve Desks home: (651)292-8887
      Diehl Hall/505 Essex SE fax: (612)626-2454
      University of Minnesota
      Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455

      e-mail: d-lena@...
      web-page: http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/m391/d-lena/BirdnBab.html