I took the challenge

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2002
      I finally was able to see the Fellowship of the Ring movie again today,
      and I agree with those who posted previously that the second time is
      better. Without comparing every scene to the book, and just watching
      this as a movie, it's a good movie. In fact, it is QUITE a good movie.

      Looking forward to the next ones.

      Joan
      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...
    • michael_martinez2
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2002
        --- In mythsoc@y..., Joan Marie Verba <verba001@t...> wrote:
        > I finally was able to see the Fellowship of the Ring movie again
        today,
        > and I agree with those who posted previously that the second time is
        > better. Without comparing every scene to the book, and just watching
        > this as a movie, it's a good movie. In fact, it is QUITE a good
        movie.

        > Looking forward to the next ones.

        I just hope they give Legolas more screen time in the next one. Ever
        since I wrote an essay about how all the teenage girls are going gaga
        over him, I've had middle-aged mothers and grandmothers writing me
        saying, "Hey, I LOVE HIM TOO!"

        I liked "Fellowship" best on the fourth viewing. I was completely
        relaxed and had no real pressure on me to explain my position about
        anything. I was just there to watch the movie and have a good time.
        I could almost read the runes inscribed in the walls of the Chamber
        of Mazarbul. :)