Re: Perry's intended book

  • jchristopher@tarleton.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2002
      David and Wendell--

      I've read the documents in _The Lewis Legacy_, No. 89, and Perry insists
      (1) he quotes nothing and (2) there is original research in working out the
      fictional dates, etc. Perry asks for a non-disclosure agreement in his
      first letter, and Jeremy Nussbaum, in his reply, says that his reference is
      not clear but that they will use his manuscript for legal review only.
      They went on from there, with Perry, in the final letter given, filing a
      complaint against Nussbaum with the Council of Professional Discipline in
      New York state. By the way, Wendell, as I read the material, this is, so
      far as possible, a day-by-day guide to _The Lord of the Rings_ only, but
      with cross references from the material in that book to the accounts of the
      earlier "history" in the other books. I have no idea about the legality of
      Perry's proposed book, but at this point I feel certain the Estate is as
      unhappy with Perry as he is with at least their lawyer.

      --Joe