Fwd from MereLewis List:

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2002
      The Horn Book, November/December 2001:
      "Letters to the Editor"

      "There seems to be a rumor on both sides of the Atlantic that HarperCollins
      has asked me to write a new Narnia book and that I have agreed. This is not
      so. Neither branch of HarperCollins has approached me about this and, if
      they had, I would have refused. Utterly. I wish to rebut this rumor as
      roundly as possible - roundly, but with spikes on, because I feel very
      strongly that no one should write additional Narnia books. I would be very
      grateful if you could see your way to printing my rebuttal in The Horn Book
      Magazine."
      Diana Wynne Jones
      Bristol, England