_Vinyar Tengwar_ 43

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2002
      _Vinyar Tengwar_ 43 has been published.

      This 40-page issue features the first part (of two) of a presentation and
      analysis of five hitherto unpublished Quenya texts by J.R.R. Tolkien, being
      his translations of five Catholic prayers: the _Pater Noster_, the _Ave
      Maria_, the _Gloria Patri_, the _Sub Tuum Praesidium_, and the Litany of
      Loreto. The first three of these are presented in this issue, and the last
      two will be presented in the next issue. All five texts have been edited by
      Patrick Wynne, Arden R. Smith, and Carl F. Hostetter, and are now published
      with the kind permission of the Tolkien Estate.

      For more information, visit: http://www.elvish.org/VT/

      | |
      | Ars longa, vita brevis. |
    • michael_martinez2
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28 7:43 PM
        --- In mythsoc@y..., "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@e...> wrote:
        > _Vinyar Tengwar_ 43 has been published.
        >
        > This 40-page issue features the first part (of two) of a
        > presentation and analysis of five hitherto unpublished Quenya texts
        > by J.R.R. Tolkien, being his translations of five Catholic prayers:
        > the _Pater Noster_, the _Ave Maria_, the _Gloria Patri_, the _Sub
        > Tuum Praesidium_, and the Litany of Loreto. The first three of
        > these are presented in this issue, and the last two will be
        > presented in the next issue. All five texts have been edited by
        > Patrick Wynne, Arden R. Smith, and Carl F. Hostetter, and are now
        > published with the kind permission of the Tolkien Estate.
        >
        > For more information, visit: http://www.elvish.org/VT/

        Well, I was in court on January 29 and quite preoccupied with other
        issues that week, so I missed this announcement completely.

        Still, I noticed tonight that Vinyar Tengwar 44 has also been
        published, and there has been no announcement from Carl (at least, I
        cannot find one in the archive).

        I don't mean anything bad by this, but 2002 appears to be a ground-
        breaking year for Vinyar Tengwar, which hasn't published more than 1
        issue per annum for at least a couple of years.

        I suppose I'll have to buy these issues myself, though I don't go in
        for the linguistic stuff.