Christmas Elf Query

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2002
      Can anyone shed light on the following? I'll forward any replies.

      Edith

      "I am hoping that someone in your group can provide me with some
      information on a family tradition of mine involving an elf. Imike is a
      Christmas elf that normally works for Santa, but appears in homes to
      spy on who is good and bad for about a month before Christmas. Imike
      always appeared just after Thanksgiving and disappeared on Christmas eve
      after
      the children were in bed. I am of Irish extraction and the story has
      been in my family for at least four generations. I have a small
      ceramic representation of Imike that belonged to my grandmother and my
      mother
      had one that was a handmade fabric elf made by Annalee Doll Company. I
      also have an Annalee, and just purchased one for my daughter. Any
      information on where this story began would be appreciated. Thanks for
      your assistance."