Re: [mythsoc] Middle Ages epics

  • jamcconney@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2002
      In a message dated 1/7/2002 9:24:23 PM Central Standard Time,
      WendellWag@... writes:

      > And, for what it's worth, I thought it
      > was a great film.

      You know, I've never ever found anyone who thought 'Excalibur' was a so-so
      film. You love it or you hate it. And that, too, says something about its
      power. (For the record, I'm in the hate group. I could forgive the sex in
      armor--passion of the moment perhaps?--but when the knights came in to dinner
      (or was it breakfast?)in full plate, I simply got the giggles.)
      Jamaq

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 8, 2002
        Wasn't that Nichol Williamson as Merlin?
        (Not sure about sp.)

      • Christine Howlett
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 8, 2002
          'Excalibur' is the one movie I have ever walked out on. Fortunately I was
          with my sister and her young baby. Baby made a little fuss and we walked
          with gratitude. After the first ten minutes as I recall. Gosh that was
          putrid.
          Christine