Re: [mythsoc] Middle Ages epics

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2002
      In a message dated 1/7/2002 3:58:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      jrobinson@... writes:

      > And Ron
      > Moody's willfully weird Merlin.

      That was Nicol Williamson as Merlin. And, for what it's worth, I thought it
      was a great film.

    • jamcconney@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2002
        In a message dated 1/7/2002 9:24:23 PM Central Standard Time,
        WendellWag@... writes:

        > And, for what it's worth, I thought it
        > was a great film.

        You know, I've never ever found anyone who thought 'Excalibur' was a so-so
        film. You love it or you hate it. And that, too, says something about its
        power. (For the record, I'm in the hate group. I could forgive the sex in
        armor--passion of the moment perhaps?--but when the knights came in to dinner
        (or was it breakfast?)in full plate, I simply got the giggles.)
        Jamaq

      • Bill
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 8, 2002
          Wasn't that Nichol Williamson as Merlin?
          (Not sure about sp.)

        • Christine Howlett
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 8, 2002
            'Excalibur' is the one movie I have ever walked out on. Fortunately I was
            with my sister and her young baby. Baby made a little fuss and we walked
            with gratitude. After the first ten minutes as I recall. Gosh that was
            putrid.
            Christine