Re: [mythsoc] Middle Ages epics

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2002
      Lizzie wrote:

      > Oh well I don't remember much about Excalibur: except isn't that the
      > flick
      > with the sex-in-plate-mail? That more than anything I think is what
      > stretched its credibility for my group.

      You mean your group doesn't... Oh, never mind!
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2002
        In a message dated 1/7/2002 3:58:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        jrobinson@... writes:

        > And Ron
        > Moody's willfully weird Merlin.

        That was Nicol Williamson as Merlin. And, for what it's worth, I thought it
        was a great film.

      • jamcconney@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 7, 2002
          In a message dated 1/7/2002 9:24:23 PM Central Standard Time,
          WendellWag@... writes:

          > And, for what it's worth, I thought it
          > was a great film.

          You know, I've never ever found anyone who thought 'Excalibur' was a so-so
          film. You love it or you hate it. And that, too, says something about its
          power. (For the record, I'm in the hate group. I could forgive the sex in
          armor--passion of the moment perhaps?--but when the knights came in to dinner
          (or was it breakfast?)in full plate, I simply got the giggles.)
          Jamaq

        • Bill
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 8, 2002
            Wasn't that Nichol Williamson as Merlin?
            (Not sure about sp.)

          • Christine Howlett
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 8, 2002
              'Excalibur' is the one movie I have ever walked out on. Fortunately I was
              with my sister and her young baby. Baby made a little fuss and we walked
              with gratitude. After the first ten minutes as I recall. Gosh that was
              putrid.
              Christine