Re: [mythsoc] Second edition of _The Silmarillion_? resend

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2002
      Okkkkkkk....a search on Google yielded this from
      B&N.com,then..:

      This
      new hardcover edition
      of
      The Silmarillion features
      number of minor textual
      corrections,
      along with a letter written by J.R.R.
      Tolkien
      describing his intentions for the work,
      which was
      written more than 25 years before its
      eventual
      publication. As described by
      Christopher
      Tolkien in the preface, The
      Silmarillion
      serves as a brilliant exposition of his
      conception of
      the earlier ages of Middle-earth.
      How's that?

    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 5, 2002
        I got the wierd formatting too. It sounds worthwhile to have the extra text
        included. Is this an(other) expensive hardcover book I suspect?

        Lizzie
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2002
          In a message dated 1/5/2002 9:14:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          ERATRIANO@... writes:

          > Is this an(other) expensive hardcover book I suspect?

          Standard edition is $28. Book club edition is $12.99.

        • Ginger L. Zabel
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2002
            I just purchased it as a lovely paparback for $14.

            -Ginger

            --On Saturday, January 05, 2002, 9:12 PM +0000 ERATRIANO@... wrote:

            > I got the wierd formatting too. It sounds worthwhile to have the extra
            > text included. Is this an(other) expensive hardcover book I suspect?
            >
            > Lizzie

            _____________________________________
            Ginger L. Zabel
            Mill Creek Middle School
            Dexter MI
            7th grade English and Journalism
            Website: www.umich.edu/~glzabel

            "To be ignorant is not such a shame as to be unwilling to learn." - G. W.
            Hoss
          • Ginger L. Zabel
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2002
              Sorry, please allow me to fix that... "Paperback for $14." It's out by
              Houghton Mifflin and has a cover illustration by Ted Nasmith.

              --On Saturday, January 05, 2002, 9:40 PM -0500 "Ginger L. Zabel"
              <glzabel@...> wrote:

              > I just purchased it as a lovely paparback for $14.
              >
              > -Ginger

            • Bill
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5, 2002
                One of those c&p things..
                Tried fixing it and resending, but it didn't seem to help.
                <shrugs>
                sorry `bout that

              • ERATRIANO@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 6, 2002
                  In a message dated 01/05/02 9:40:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  glzabel@... writes:

                  << Sorry, please allow me to fix that... "Paperback for $14." It's out by
                  Houghton Mifflin and has a cover illustration by Ted Nasmith. >>

                  Perfect. Thank you. Can I find this at a Borders type place do you think?

                  Lizzie
                • Ginger L. Zabel
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 6, 2002
                    That's where I got it.