Re: Anne Ridler and Williams

  • jchristopher@tarleton.edu
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2002
      David Bratman added:
      >She was the niece of Sir Humphrey Milford, the publisher of the OUP and
      >CW's esteemed employer. CW met her while she was still a schoolgirl, and
      >encouraged her poetic ambitions. They remained friends for the rest of his
      >life, and she edited two posthumous collections of his work, plays (Seed of
      >Adam) and essays (The Image of the City).

      Let me further add that the Charles Williams Society (England) has
      available Ridler's _Notes on the Taliessin Poems of Charles Williams_.
      This can be ordered through amazon.com.uk .
      --Joe
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2002
        << Let me further add that the Charles Williams Society (England) has
        available Ridler's _Notes on the Taliessin Poems of Charles Williams_.
        This can be ordered through amazon.com.uk . >>

        Thanks, Joe. I can see this list is going to cost me a lot of money in '02.

        ;-)

        Lizzie
      • ERATRIANO@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 13, 2002
          In a message dated 01/05/02 1:35:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          jchristopher@... writes:

          << Let me further add that the Charles Williams Society (England) has
          available Ridler's _Notes on the Taliessin Poems of Charles Williams_.
          This can be ordered through amazon.com.uk . >>

          How do I enter that in my browser? I entered "www.amazon.com.uk" and
          "amazon.com.uk" and got the not found error. What am I doing wrong?

          Lizzie
        • Guy Hall
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 13, 2002
            Hi Lizzie
            What you are entering is incorrect, what you should enter is
            either www.amazon.com" or "www.amazon.co.uk".

            Guy Hall

            >In a message dated 01/05/02 1:35:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            >jchristopher@... writes:
            >
            ><< Let me further add that the Charles Williams Society (England) has
            > available Ridler's _Notes on the Taliessin Poems of Charles Williams_.
            > This can be ordered through amazon.com.uk . >>
            >
            >How do I enter that in my browser? I entered "www.amazon.com.uk" and
            >"amazon.com.uk" and got the not found error. What am I doing wrong?
            >
            >Lizzie

          • Bruce H
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 13, 2002
              At 02:30 PM 1/13/02 -0500, you wrote:
              >In a message dated 01/05/02 1:35:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              >jchristopher@... writes:
              >
              ><< Let me further add that the Charles Williams Society (England) has
              >available Ridler's _Notes on the Taliessin Poems of Charles Williams_.
              >This can be ordered through amazon.com.uk . >>
              >
              >How do I enter that in my browser? I entered "www.amazon.com.uk" and
              >"amazon.com.uk" and got the not found error. What am I doing wrong?
              >
              >Lizzie

              Try amazon.co.uk
            • ERATRIANO@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 14, 2002
                In a message dated 01/13/02 3:25:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                guyhall@... writes:

                << What you are entering is incorrect, what you should enter is
                either www.amazon.com" or "www.amazon.co.uk". >>

                Thanks. More fool me. But if ever I read a life-altering work, it was the
                Arthuriad w/Lewis' accompanying essay. So the Ridler is a necessity. And
                perhaps I'll just have to reread the Arthuriad.... what a shame.... lol

                I will look at the Sydney online. If it's not too long I will read it or
                print it. I dont like reading more than emails onscreen. (This presents a
                problem as I have a friend's ebook which I want to read.)

                Lizzie