Re: Digest Number 784 (was LOTR and all that)

  • David J Finnamore
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      Steve Schaper wrote:

      > > From: Stolzi@...
      > > Subject: LOTR and all that
      > >
      > > Boromir's horn. Awful. I wasn't expecting it and honestly thought an alarm
      > > of some kind had gone off in the theatre, back over my shoulder.
      > >
      > > Blaaatt!
      > >
      > > Diamond Proudbrook
      >
      > If you haven't got any "lips" and try to play one of those things, that is how
      > they will sound. . .

      Yes, but with some imagination and research it could have and should have sounded better. Actually, it did sound somewhat better in Dolby surround. I first saw the movie in THX, then in Dolby. The whole movie sounded better in Dolby, for some reason -- better localization, and fuller, more vibrant sound.

      --
      David J. Finnamore
      Nashville, TN, USA