Re: [mythsoc] Re: More JRRT items

    Message 1 of 42 , Dec 30, 2001
      I just noticed that the message in which I quoted Michael Martinez as saying
      "Magic, discussion of magic, and magical items abound," failed to include any
      of the words at all. I'm sorry. This isn't my fault. Would anyone like to
      join me in beating up the people at AOL, Yahoo, or Microsoft whose software
      is so screwed up that sometimes the message that's sent to the members of the
      mailing list leaves out all the words of the message, even though the words
      are there in the message as I sent it?

      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 31, 2001
        In a message dated 12/31/2001 12:12:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        Stolzi@... writes:

        > Could you have enclosed the quoted words in brackets <> causing AOL or
        > Yahoo perhaps to think they are HTML code and leave them out?

        Thanks for the suggestion, but I've never used brackets in my messages. I
        use AOL 7.0 and Windows 98 and somehow this interacts with Yahoo mailing
        lists so that occasionally when I quote a message (by highlighting it with
        the right mouse button and hitting "Reply", causing it to be quoted in my
        message), it looks all right in the message when I send it. However, in the
        message that's actually received by the members of the mailing list, some or
        all of the quoted words have disappeared.