Re: Ithilien

  • David J Finnamore
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2001
      Steve Schaper wrote:

      > > http://www.elvenminstrel.com/tolkien/audio/ithilien.mp3
      >
      > Very nice, though oddly coming from me, considering some of our off-list discussions, a bit modern?

      Yes, it is a bit modern (stylistically no more than 300 years old) but it's one that everyone liked to
      hear me play around the house and such, so I recorded it first. I think it sets an appropriate mood,
      in a general sense - the beauty and wonder tainted by a longing ache. I find that my more
      medievalistic pieces take people longer to get accustomed to. So, as Tolkien wrote mostly in modern
      English, colored in many places with hints of older and more noble speaking styles, with only little
      spurts of really archaic sounding language here and there, I might be wise to follow suit musically.

      --
      David J. Finnamore
      Nashville, TN, USA