Re: Awards

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 1999
      In a message dated 7/24/99 7:34:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
      sheik@... writes:

      > the gugs (a word I just have to love)

      It's from Lovecraft, of all things.

      I didn't rate STARDUST as high as Paul does, though some aspects of it have a
      very Tolkienesque charm. Don't care for DeLint, though this is one of his
      best, nor McKillip, who also has reached a little farther than in previous
      works.

      For sheer imagination and originality, I had to put WORLD BEYOND THE WAVE, a
      strange, compelling sort of book, and HIGH HOUSE on top of my list. Though,
      yes, both have their faults.

      Mary S