LOTR the Film

  • mjrksr
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2001
      A local California newspaper review started out with "Good News! This
      movie doesn't suck!" and ended with "Damn--a whole year until the

      Saw it tonight. Loved it. Want to see it again. It's only one vision
      of the story, and can't substitute for the book's richness and depth
      of characterization, but the sets, locations and effects are
      breathtaking. The cast is outstanding. Don't miss it.

      My friend and I made our tired, non-fantasy-fan hubs go with us, well
      aware that if they got bored, they'd snooze through it, regardless of
      noise level. Neither one closed an eye. At the end, one of them
      said "Same time, next year!" and the other nodded in reply.

      It's going to be a long two years, waiting to see Parts 2 & 3. Then I
      want to go see beautiful New Zealand.

      :^)

      MJ