Eldalamberon Gallery

  • harpwire
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2001
      Greetings from Eldalamberon.

      This is Adam Christensen here and I wanted to let the readers of the
      Mythopoeic list know that Parma Eldalamberon 13 "The Alphabet of RĂºmil
      and Early Noldorin Fragments" is at the printers and will be available
      on January 3, 2002 ... which is coincindentally JRR Tolkien's birthdate
      as well as mine.

      I drew the front and back cover art and have been contributing my pen
      and ink drawings to Parma for the past 12 years. Although, I haven't
      personally met Christopher Tolkien as some of the other contributors
      have, it has been wonderful working with him and his father's writings
      as an illustrator. He sends my friend Chris Gilson and the other
      "Lambengolmar" ... the affectionate term he uses for Patrick, Carl,
      Bill, Arden and Chris ... the most thoughtful, warm and considerate
      letters, full of encouragement and insight. Even though we haven't met,
      he always includes me in his messages and I feel valued and appreciated
      as a contributor to the publication effort.He is a lovely man and I am
      proud to be associated in some small way with his family and with his
      father's special world.

      I have placed some of my drawings along with some of Patrick Wynne's
      marvellous drawings in our Eldalamberon Gallery and I would like to
      invite readers of the Mythopoeic list to visit it at your convenience.
      Also, if any of you readers are also involved with art projects
      relating to Tengwar or Sarati script or runes, I'd enjoy seeing your
      art and might want to feature some of your drawings in our gallery for
      a special showing.

      Please feel free to email me at harpwire@i... I think this could be a
      lot of fun. I'm certain there are some very talented people on this
      list and it would be nice to get acquainted with you and your art.Our
      Eldalamberon web-suite has plenty of space and I think displaying some
      script - related art could be inspiring for many people.

      Here is the URL for the gallery
      http://www.eldalamberon.com/gallery-intro.html

      Here is the publication announcement for PE 13
      http://www.eldalamberon.com/parma13.html

      If any of you are in the San Jose/San Francisco bay area you are
      welcome to join us on my birthday as I present my friend Celtic harpist
      Kim Robertson in concert at the Chapel at Maryknoll in Los Altos. It's
      a beautiful chapel and the view from the hill is just amazing.

      Here is the invitation to the concert
      http://www.eldalamberon.com/kim-maryknoll2002.html

      I hope everyone is having a pleasant holiday season.
      We wish you all a very happy new year.