More JRRT items

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 42 , Dec 21, 2001
      The United Methodist Reporter is covering Lord of the Rings this week.
      There's a review of the movie, and a review of a book, Finding God in
      the Lord of the Rings by Kurt Bruner and Jim Ware. Links to these can be
      found at:

      http://www.reporterinteractive.org/index1.htm

      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 31, 2001
        In a message dated 12/31/2001 12:12:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        Stolzi@... writes:

        > Could you have enclosed the quoted words in brackets <> causing AOL or
        > Yahoo perhaps to think they are HTML code and leave them out?

        Thanks for the suggestion, but I've never used brackets in my messages. I
        use AOL 7.0 and Windows 98 and somehow this interacts with Yahoo mailing
        lists so that occasionally when I quote a message (by highlighting it with
        the right mouse button and hitting "Reply", causing it to be quoted in my
        message), it looks all right in the message when I send it. However, in the
        message that's actually received by the members of the mailing list, some or
        all of the quoted words have disappeared.