Re: [mythsoc] Movie, continued off into irrelevancy

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2001
      In a message dated 12/20/2001 4:03:47 PM Central Standard Time,
      dbratman@... writes:

      > The Russian (Cyrillic) letter for "i" looks like a backward Latin-alphabet
      > N, for instance, and the Hebrew letter for "sh" looks a bit like a
      > Latin-alphabet W.

      The Russian for "ya" (a letter of the cyrillic alphabet and also the word for
      "I") looks like a backward Latin-alphabet R. Thus my husband has for years
      referred to a certain popular retail chain as "Toys Ya Us."

      Now they have a website, toysrus.com - which ALSO looks Russian because of
      the "rus"!

      Ya sure, you betcha,
      Diamond Proudbrook