Re: Mythology in real life

  • Edith Louise Crowe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 1999
      On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 Stolzi@... wrote:

      > From: Stolzi@...
      >
      > As for Diana, how many of you looked at the arrangements for her grave and
      > thought of the Temple of Psyche which Orual discovers in TILL WE HAVE FACES?
      > I did.

      I didn't think of Lewis (not surprising, since you know I'm not a Lewis
      fan). But when I heard her tomb was to be on an island in the middle of a
      lake, I certainly thought of The Matter of Britain. Somebody, consciously
      or un, has a mythpoeic streak.

      Edith

    • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 1999
        In a message dated 7/23/99 1:01:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
        ecrowe@... writes:

        > I certainly thought of The Matter of Britain.

        This is also a good point.

        I felt that, had paganism still been overt among us, that island would have
        had a small, tasteful columned rotunda with a handsome statue of the princess
        within it.

        I'll have to look up and re-read the bit about the temple of Psyche.

        Mary S