M/B

  • Steve Schaper
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
      Interesting.

      INxP for me. The T and F are very closely balanced.

      OTOH, on "right-brained/left-brained" tests, it depends on what I'm doing. If on a computer, left, if not, right. Maybe why I can't do fiction on a computer?

      Interesting what others here have said. My evangelical 'conservatism' is of a type that rejects both 'praise-bands' and the Amway liturgy on one hand, and teetotalism and Potter-hating on the other, either conforming to the 'world' or conforming to the (nearly as recent) internal sub-culture. Infinitely closer to Tolkien, Lewis and Chesterton than to Lahaye and Willow Creek. And those three were considered 'dinosaurs' in -their- day ;-)

      As to that personality type being suited to the ministry. Perhaps in an earlier age. Try attempting that now without the personality of a used-car salesman. . . :-(

      Ah, well.
      Steve
    • NiffMarie@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
        In a message dated 12/4/2001 9:20:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        sschaper@... writes:

        > Interesting what others here have said. My evangelical 'conservatism' is of
        > a type that rejects both 'praise-bands' and the Amway liturgy on one hand,
        > and teetotalism and Potter-hating on the other, either conforming to the '
        > world' or conforming to the (nearly as recent) internal sub-culture.
        > Infinitely closer to Tolkien, Lewis and Chesterton than to Lahaye and
        Willow
        > Creek. And those three were considered 'dinosaurs' in -their- day ;-)

        Yes. Quite a bit of what I believe parallels very closely C.S. Lewis's
        beliefs. (Try telling dear fundy friends you don't believe hell is a real
        place but a state of mind! *Very* quickly added to the prayer list ;-) On the
        other hand, with you, I'm not really all about contemporary "worship". I much
        prefer hymns (especially Gaelic, Welsh, Irish, and Medieval) and classical
        music.

        'Tis a wee bit of a paradox ;-)

        --Niff, infj
        NiffMarie@...
        "Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing."
        Cicero