NZ Stamps

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
      Passing this along from another list I'm on:

      >I never really considered New Zealand to be such a two-bit country as to do
      something quite this crass - usually they leave it to places like Togo and
      Mauritius to issue stamp sets that cash in on current popular fads - but
      not only have they issued a 6-stamp set with pictures from the LOTR film
      ("the only [stamps] officially approved by Peter Jackson"! "filmed entirely
      in New Zealand"!), they're also sending out spam e-mails promoting it.

      Trusting I'll be forgiven for passing this on to the rest of you, the info
      page is here: http://www.nzstamps.co.nz/nzstamps/lotr.html

      A complete set of all the paraphernalia costs $266, and if that sounds high
      remember that it's in New Zealand dollars, which would make it US$110 or so.

      Note:
      You can see the pictures better at
      https://secure.nzpost.co.nz/cgi-bin/nzstamps/web_store/web_store.cgi?cart_id=&

      page=recent/2001_lotr.htm
    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2001
        Mary wrote:

        > they issued a 6-stamp set with pictures from the LOTR film
        > ("the only [stamps] officially approved by Peter Jackson"! "filmed entirely
        > in New Zealand"!)

        > A complete set of all the paraphernalia costs $266, and if that sounds high
        > remember that it's in New Zealand dollars, which would make it US$110 or so.
        https://secure.nzpost.co.nz/cgi-bin/nzstamps/web_store/web_store.cgi?cart_id=&page=recent/2001_lotr.htm

        Just for the record, I ordered a 6-stamp set for about NZ$6.90 plus
        postage. I don't doubt the complete set is US$110, but one can place
        smaller orders, too.

        Joan

        Joan Marie Verba
        verba001@...