film stamps

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2001
      I never really considered New Zealand to be such a two-bit country as to do
      something quite this crass - usually they leave it to places like Togo and
      Mauritius to issue stamp sets that cash in on current popular fads - but
      not only have they issued a 6-stamp set with pictures from the LOTR film
      ("the only [stamps] officially approved by Peter Jackson"! "filmed entirely
      in New Zealand"!), they're also sending out spam e-mails promoting it.

      Trusting I'll be forgiven for passing this on to the rest of you, the info
      page is here: http://www.nzstamps.co.nz/nzstamps/lotr.html

      A complete set of all the paraphernalia costs $266, and if that sounds high
      remember that it's in New Zealand dollars, which would make it US$110 or so.