Re: [mythsoc] November 22, 1963

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
      Yes, I know it's a joke.

      Wendell Wagner
    • Trudy Shaw
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
        A few years ago, a friend was reading a book that gave a fictional (duh!) account of the conversation Kennedy, Lewis, and Huxley had just after they died. I can't remember the name of the book. Is anyone familiar with it?

        --Trudy
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
          In a message dated 12/2/2001 10:18:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          tgshaw@... writes:

          > Is anyone familiar with it?

          Peter Kreeft _Between Heaven & Hell: A Dialog Somewhere beyond Death_.

        • dianejoy@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
            << A few years ago, a friend was reading a book that gave a fictional (duh!) account of the conversation Kennedy, Lewis, and Huxley had just after they died. I can't remember the name of the book. Is anyone familiar with it?>>

            Yep; it was by Peter Kreeft. Can't remember title. ---djb

            http://mail2web.com/ .
          • David S. Bratman
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
              At 07:21 PM 12/2/2001 , Wendell Wagner wrote:
              >In a message dated 12/2/2001 10:18:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              >tgshaw@... writes:
              >
              >> Is anyone familiar with it?
              >
              >Peter Kreeft _Between Heaven & Hell: A Dialog Somewhere beyond Death_.

              And a really, really dreadfully bad book it is, too.

              David Bratman
            • David S. Bratman
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
                At 09:58 AM 12/2/2001 , Wendell Wagner wrote:
                >Lewis, Kennedy, Huxley - all died that day. Coincidence? - This guy thinks
                >not:
                >
                >http://www.mark-shea.com/paranoia.html

                Recognizing that this is a satire, I wonder if Shea knows that the identity
                of the American Lady is no longer hidden. He could still have his
                conspiracy theorists deny that identification, of course.

                And he really missed a beat by not discussing the Catholic conversion of
                W----r H----r and the posthumous ecumenical articles by Lewis that
                conveniently began appearing soon afterwards.

                David Bratman
              • Trudy Shaw
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
                  Thanks for the info on the Kreeft book (now I could probably find it, but I don't know if I want to spend time reading it)! -- Trudy