Re: [mythsoc] November 22, 1963

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
      From: <WendellWag@...>

      > Lewis, Kennedy, Huxley - all died that day. Coincidence? - This guy
      thinks
      > not:
      >
      > http://www.mark-shea.com/paranoia.html

      Wendell, you do realize the article is a joke, a bit of whimsey?

      Berni
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
        Yes, I know it's a joke.

        Wendell Wagner
      • Trudy Shaw
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
          A few years ago, a friend was reading a book that gave a fictional (duh!) account of the conversation Kennedy, Lewis, and Huxley had just after they died. I can't remember the name of the book. Is anyone familiar with it?

          --Trudy
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
            In a message dated 12/2/2001 10:18:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            tgshaw@... writes:

            > Is anyone familiar with it?

            Peter Kreeft _Between Heaven & Hell: A Dialog Somewhere beyond Death_.

          • dianejoy@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
              << A few years ago, a friend was reading a book that gave a fictional (duh!) account of the conversation Kennedy, Lewis, and Huxley had just after they died. I can't remember the name of the book. Is anyone familiar with it?>>

              Yep; it was by Peter Kreeft. Can't remember title. ---djb

              http://mail2web.com/ .
            • David S. Bratman
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
                At 07:21 PM 12/2/2001 , Wendell Wagner wrote:
                >In a message dated 12/2/2001 10:18:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                >tgshaw@... writes:
                >
                >> Is anyone familiar with it?
                >
                >Peter Kreeft _Between Heaven & Hell: A Dialog Somewhere beyond Death_.

                And a really, really dreadfully bad book it is, too.

                David Bratman
              • David S. Bratman
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
                  At 09:58 AM 12/2/2001 , Wendell Wagner wrote:
                  >Lewis, Kennedy, Huxley - all died that day. Coincidence? - This guy thinks
                  >not:
                  >
                  >http://www.mark-shea.com/paranoia.html

                  Recognizing that this is a satire, I wonder if Shea knows that the identity
                  of the American Lady is no longer hidden. He could still have his
                  conspiracy theorists deny that identification, of course.

                  And he really missed a beat by not discussing the Catholic conversion of
                  W----r H----r and the posthumous ecumenical articles by Lewis that
                  conveniently began appearing soon afterwards.

                  David Bratman
                • Trudy Shaw
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
                    Thanks for the info on the Kreeft book (now I could probably find it, but I don't know if I want to spend time reading it)! -- Trudy