LotR marketing

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
      NiffMarie@... wrote:

      > I KNOW!!!! OMG! It's *awful*. There's a media store in our area that sells
      > shirts, figurines, and *the ring* on a chain, to wear about the neck. It is
      > *really* awful. Almost degrading. Who in their right minds would EVER want to
      > wear the ring?

      I can't resist...

      It's pretty, and altogether precious....

      Joan
      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...
    • NiffMarie@cs.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
        In a message dated 12/2/2001 9:13:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        verba001@... writes:

        > I can't resist...
        >
        > It's pretty, and altogether precious....

        LOL. I do have to admit I have two BK goblets: Arwen and Gandalf. I also plan
        to get the rest. But... I could never wear the ring around my neck. It would
        be almost like sacrilege!

        --Niff, infj
        NiffMarie@...
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing."
        Cicero
      • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
          No. You are supposed to wear it attached to a belt loop and stuck in a pocket.
          Ask Bilbo and Frodo if you don't believe me.

          And don't stick it on your finger, whatever you do <g>.

          Mythically yours,

          Lisa

        • NiffMarie@cs.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
            In a message dated 12/2/2001 4:56:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            lisa@... writes:

            > No. You are supposed to wear it attached to a belt loop and stuck in a
            > pocket.
            > Ask Bilbo and Frodo if you don't believe me.
            >
            > And don't stick it on your finger, whatever you do <g>.

            LOL.... Ahhh. Now I understand.

            Will...not...put...on...finger. Must...keep...in...pocket. ;-)

            As a psychology major, and one who has been interested in the Meyers-Brigg
            Temperament Indicator (MBTI) for sometime, do you all know of any sites that
            list the types of the LotR characters? I tried looking, but found little.

            --Niff, infj
            NiffMarie@...
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
              The best thing I've found, is get together with several friends and take a short
              MBTI answering as the character would. You need a few minds to keep the answers
              closer to the character rather than yourself. Save the results for the future
              and make your own web site!

              Mind you this is almost as strange as taking the sorting hat quiz run in Disney
              Adventures Magazine last month <g>. I came out Hufflepuff, Big Harold was
              Gryffindor and Moose was Ravenclaw.

              Mythically yours,

              Lisa

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
                In a message dated 12/2/2001 5:43:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                lisa@... writes:

                > The best thing I've found, is get together with several friends and take a
                > short
                > MBTI answering as the character would. You need a few minds to keep the
                > answers
                > closer to the character rather than yourself. Save the results for the
                > future
                > and make your own web site!
                >
                > Mind you this is almost as strange as taking the sorting hat quiz run in
                > Disney
                > Adventures Magazine last month <g>. I came out Hufflepuff, Big Harold
                > was
                > Gryffindor and Moose was Ravenclaw.

                Ooh! That's a *really* good idea! Thanks!

                Did you ever do the test on the HP website? I was stuck in Gryffindor (sp?).
                I liked the way the hat talked, though. :-)

                --Niff, infj
                NiffMarie@...