LOTR and awfulness

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
      In a message dated 12/1/01 8:59:38 PM Central Standard Time, NiffMarie@...
      writes:

      > OMG! It's *awful*.

      I think all of us purists are in for a rough couple of years. On a lesser
      matter, I noted that on AOL, the "Rivendell" screensaver I mentioned earlier
      is described "Come see the elvish city."

      City!?!

      Diamond Proudbrook
    • NiffMarie@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2001
        In a message dated 12/1/2001 10:54:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        Stolzi@... writes:

        > I think all of us purists are in for a rough couple of years. On a
        > lesser
        > matter, I noted that on AOL, the "Rivendell" screensaver I
        > mentioned earlier
        > is described "Come see the elvish city."

        It's SO frustrating! I feel as though they are making a mockery of something
        so deep, wonderful, and perfect. While I am very much looking forward to the
        movie, I do dread all the hype.

        But I still like the goblets.

        --Niff, infj
        NiffMarie@...
        "Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing."
        Cicero