Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 755

  • NiffMarie@cs.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
      In a message dated 12/1/2001 1:51:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      sschaper@... writes:

      > Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They
      > are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .

      <delurk> :-)

      I KNOW!!!! OMG! It's *awful*. There's a media store in our area that sells
      shirts, figurines, and *the ring* on a chain, to wear about the neck. It is
      *really* awful. Almost degrading. Who in their right minds would EVER want to
      wear the ring?

      </delurk> ;-)

      --Niff, infj
      NiffMarie@...
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing."
      Cicero
    • Janet Croft
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
        We got some goblets, too. One of these days I want to take the base apart
        and see if I can insert a different colored diode -- shouldn't be too hard!

        Janet

        From: Steve Schaper sschaper@...
        Steve Schaped print into sentences thusly:

        <<Well, I enjoyed the HP movie. It was fun.>>

        Lots o' fun, though I had some quibbles.

        <<Reading Rowling's books from a Chestertonian perspective sure is
        interesting. (She is a Chesterton fan)>>

        Proves that many evengelical folk (those afraid of "occult influences in
        HP") have not read GKC. They should.

        <<But the Burger King ads.

        Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They
        are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .>>

        Urk. Though I have to admit that I liked the principle of the "light up"
        goblet and got one---only one---Gandalf. Rather disappointed that other
        characters didn't have different colors of lights; Gandalf, being identified
        with the ring of fire, red was appropriate. But Arwen should have been lit
        in blue, Strider in green, and Frodo in white. I'd actually like to get a
        Klingon goblet, and fit the light base on the bottom of it. Now that would
        be a Neat Effect. ---djb

        http://mail2web.com/ .

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor