Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 755

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
      From: "Steve Schaper" <sschaper@...>

      > But the Burger King ads.
      >
      > Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They
      are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .

      As David will tell you, all these fast food places are evil. They're just
      showing their colors by promoting the Ring.

      Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah!

      Berni
    • NiffMarie@cs.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
        In a message dated 12/1/2001 1:51:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        sschaper@... writes:

        > Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They
        > are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .

        <delurk> :-)

        I KNOW!!!! OMG! It's *awful*. There's a media store in our area that sells
        shirts, figurines, and *the ring* on a chain, to wear about the neck. It is
        *really* awful. Almost degrading. Who in their right minds would EVER want to
        wear the ring?

        </delurk> ;-)

        --Niff, infj
        NiffMarie@...
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing."
        Cicero
      • Janet Croft
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
          We got some goblets, too. One of these days I want to take the base apart
          and see if I can insert a different colored diode -- shouldn't be too hard!

          Janet

          From: Steve Schaper sschaper@...
          Steve Schaped print into sentences thusly:

          <<Well, I enjoyed the HP movie. It was fun.>>

          Lots o' fun, though I had some quibbles.

          <<Reading Rowling's books from a Chestertonian perspective sure is
          interesting. (She is a Chesterton fan)>>

          Proves that many evengelical folk (those afraid of "occult influences in
          HP") have not read GKC. They should.

          <<But the Burger King ads.

          Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They
          are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .>>

          Urk. Though I have to admit that I liked the principle of the "light up"
          goblet and got one---only one---Gandalf. Rather disappointed that other
          characters didn't have different colors of lights; Gandalf, being identified
          with the ring of fire, red was appropriate. But Arwen should have been lit
          in blue, Strider in green, and Frodo in white. I'd actually like to get a
          Klingon goblet, and fit the light base on the bottom of it. Now that would
          be a Neat Effect. ---djb

          http://mail2web.com/ .

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor