RE: Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 755

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
      Original Message:
      -----------------
      From: Steve Schaper sschaper@...
      Steve Schaped print into sentences thusly:

      <<Well, I enjoyed the HP movie. It was fun.>>

      Lots o' fun, though I had some quibbles.

      <<Reading Rowling's books from a Chestertonian perspective sure is interesting. (She is a Chesterton fan)>>

      Proves that many evengelical folk (those afraid of "occult influences in HP") have not read GKC. They should.

      <<But the Burger King ads.

      Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .>>

      Urk. Though I have to admit that I liked the principle of the "light up" goblet and got one---only one---Gandalf. Rather disappointed that other characters didn't have different colors of lights; Gandalf, being identified with the ring of fire, red was appropriate. But Arwen should have been lit in blue, Strider in green, and Frodo in white. I'd actually like to get a Klingon goblet, and fit the light base on the bottom of it. Now that would be a Neat Effect. ---djb

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
        From: "Steve Schaper" <sschaper@...>

        > But the Burger King ads.
        >
        > Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They
        are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .

        As David will tell you, all these fast food places are evil. They're just
        showing their colors by promoting the Ring.

        Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah!

        Berni
      • NiffMarie@cs.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
          In a message dated 12/1/2001 1:51:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          sschaper@... writes:

          > Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They
          > are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .

          <delurk> :-)

          I KNOW!!!! OMG! It's *awful*. There's a media store in our area that sells
          shirts, figurines, and *the ring* on a chain, to wear about the neck. It is
          *really* awful. Almost degrading. Who in their right minds would EVER want to
          wear the ring?

          </delurk> ;-)

          --Niff, infj
          NiffMarie@...
          "Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing."
          Cicero
        • Janet Croft
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
            We got some goblets, too. One of these days I want to take the base apart
            and see if I can insert a different colored diode -- shouldn't be too hard!

            Janet

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor