Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 755

  • Steve Schaper
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
      Well, I enjoyed the HP movie. It was fun.

      Reading Rowling's books from a Chestertonian perspective sure is interesting. (She is a Chesterton fan)

      But the Burger King ads.

      Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .
    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
          From: "Steve Schaper" <sschaper@...>

          > But the Burger King ads.
          >
          > Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They
          are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .

          As David will tell you, all these fast food places are evil. They're just
          showing their colors by promoting the Ring.

          Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah!

          Berni
        • NiffMarie@cs.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
            In a message dated 12/1/2001 1:51:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            sschaper@... writes:

            > Surely Saruman must have had them written up by his marketing people? They
            > are all about how wonderful it would be to possess the Ring. . . .

            <delurk> :-)

            I KNOW!!!! OMG! It's *awful*. There's a media store in our area that sells
            shirts, figurines, and *the ring* on a chain, to wear about the neck. It is
            *really* awful. Almost degrading. Who in their right minds would EVER want to
            wear the ring?

            </delurk> ;-)

            --Niff, infj
            NiffMarie@...
            "Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing."
            Cicero
          • Janet Croft
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
              We got some goblets, too. One of these days I want to take the base apart
              and see if I can insert a different colored diode -- shouldn't be too hard!

              Janet

[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor