Re: [mythsoc] The mouth and the ears

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2001
      From: "David S. Bratman" <dbratman@...>

      > And having been treated to a Gandalf who gets into his immortal character
      > by thinking about his aching bones, here's how our Galadriel gets into her
      > immortal character:
      >
      > "First of all you get the ears and it all goes from there, really."
      >
      > The ears. May the Valar preserve us.
      >
      > (All quotes from Ruthe Stein's "Movie Insider" column, found in today's
      San
      > Francisco Chronicle.)

      She said the same thing on the TV program last night. She wanted the role
      because of the ears.

      Berni
    • Trudy Shaw
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 2, 2001
        Re: Round man running through the woods

        The New Zealand Herald in an interview dated 12-2 quotes Peter Jackson as saying, "You pace yourself. It's a very interesting lesson in how the mind controls the body really. It's all a psychological thing. It's nothing to do with your body, with how fit you are. It's all to do with your mind telling you you have to keep going." The main topic is the two years of work still ahead, but the attitude probably also applies to running when needed.

        --Trudy