Re: [mythsoc] LOTR Movie TV Special

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2001
      From: "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...>

      > Indeed, these are noteworthy achievements! He even said
      > "SAH-ruh-mahn". However, he also said "GAN-dalf" (both a's as in
      > "cat", and with final "f"), instead of "GAHN-dalv" and "Ga-LAD-riel"
      > instead of "Gah-LAHD-riel".
      >
      > So, I give him as passing grade, above average, even; but not an "A"
      > (or even an "AH").

      The FAHir in the SHAHir stays mainly in the MAHir.

      Berni
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 30, 2001
        From: "David S. Bratman" <dbratman@...>

        > And having been treated to a Gandalf who gets into his immortal character
        > by thinking about his aching bones, here's how our Galadriel gets into her
        > immortal character:
        >
        > "First of all you get the ears and it all goes from there, really."
        >
        > The ears. May the Valar preserve us.
        >
        > (All quotes from Ruthe Stein's "Movie Insider" column, found in today's
        San
        > Francisco Chronicle.)

        She said the same thing on the TV program last night. She wanted the role
        because of the ears.

        Berni
      • Trudy Shaw
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 2, 2001
          Re: Round man running through the woods

          The New Zealand Herald in an interview dated 12-2 quotes Peter Jackson as saying, "You pace yourself. It's a very interesting lesson in how the mind controls the body really. It's all a psychological thing. It's nothing to do with your body, with how fit you are. It's all to do with your mind telling you you have to keep going." The main topic is the two years of work still ahead, but the attitude probably also applies to running when needed.

          --Trudy