Re: [mythsoc] LOTR Movie TV Special

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2001
      In a message dated 11/30/01 12:17:01 PM Central Standard Time,
      juliet@... writes:

      > But did you see him running through the woods? He can certainly move for
      > a round man.

      I know - made me wonder why he didn't lose weight.

      As for the DVD, wd you believe that this old Luddite doesn't even own a DVD
      player?

      Diamond Proudbrook
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 30, 2001
        From: "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...>

        > Indeed, these are noteworthy achievements! He even said
        > "SAH-ruh-mahn". However, he also said "GAN-dalf" (both a's as in
        > "cat", and with final "f"), instead of "GAHN-dalv" and "Ga-LAD-riel"
        > instead of "Gah-LAHD-riel".
        >
        > So, I give him as passing grade, above average, even; but not an "A"
        > (or even an "AH").

        The FAHir in the SHAHir stays mainly in the MAHir.

        Berni
      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 30, 2001
          From: "David S. Bratman" <dbratman@...>

          > And having been treated to a Gandalf who gets into his immortal character
          > by thinking about his aching bones, here's how our Galadriel gets into her
          > immortal character:
          >
          > "First of all you get the ears and it all goes from there, really."
          >
          > The ears. May the Valar preserve us.
          >
          > (All quotes from Ruthe Stein's "Movie Insider" column, found in today's
          San
          > Francisco Chronicle.)

          She said the same thing on the TV program last night. She wanted the role
          because of the ears.

          Berni
        • Trudy Shaw
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 2, 2001
            Re: Round man running through the woods

            The New Zealand Herald in an interview dated 12-2 quotes Peter Jackson as saying, "You pace yourself. It's a very interesting lesson in how the mind controls the body really. It's all a psychological thing. It's nothing to do with your body, with how fit you are. It's all to do with your mind telling you you have to keep going." The main topic is the two years of work still ahead, but the attitude probably also applies to running when needed.

            --Trudy
            But did you see him running through the woods? He can certainly move for
            a round man.
            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor