Re: [mythsoc] Brooks on Tolkien

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2001
      I agree with the comments so far. The "Great Satan" line had
      me puzzled
      also.
      Considering this is meant as filler fluff for casual
      readers, it could have
      been worse. Brooks, whatever his wriitng ability, obviously
      is a Tolkien
      fan. Or at least realizes the debt he owes. (and kissing up
      to your
      publisher, whose fortune was pretty much made by publishing
      the trilogy
      might figure it there, too.)
      Given the choice between this and some of the more
      pretentious articles
      of late, I'll take this.