Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 745, Message 5

  • Trudy Shaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2001
      Joe--I definitely agree with you on books & short stories. The quote from Michael Medved was about "two great themes in *Hollywood movies*," though, and I'd say that genre hasn't produced a flood of "follow your brain" films. Maybe the Maltese Falcon (Gees--sounds like all I do is watch Humphrey Bogart movies!), some of Hitchcock's, and a few others. And I'll admit that in my post I _was_ trying to be a bit sarcastic about Hollywood.

      Juliet--Well, maybe not, but I did cry when Jeremy Brett died. His portrayal was so close to Conan Doyle's character that I don't think it will ever be matched. Sherlock Holmes still lives in print (and in the minds of Baker Street Irregulars, where he will always be keeping bees in Sussex), but on the screen I don't think I'll ever see him again--just people pretending to be him. And that's a sad loss.

      [Will be offline until Monday, November 26]